Join us for the four week course Salvage & Recovery of Cultural Heritage Collections. The unpredictable impact of emergencies and disasters on cultural property can be minimized by training in emergency preparedness and response techniques. This course is designed to develop knowledge and skills in emergency actions and salvage decision making. Students will increase their ability to respond and recover from disasters of all types and sizes. Class participants can be at any level of expertise.
- The roles and responsibilities of responders in cultural heritage disaster response
- Key aspects of managing collections salvage and recover
- Core actions involved in salvage of collections
- Develop salvage strategies in response to different contexts
- Salvage techniques
- Health and safety
- Additional training sources for developing emergency response skills